Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP-AT-LARGE COORDINATOR
The purpose of the office of National Membership-at-Large Coordinator is to carry on necessary correspondence and administrative matters for those Brothers not affiliated with a Camp-at-Large, Department Membership-at-Large or a local Camp, and to serve as custodian of National Membership-at-Large (NMAL) monies and properties, to keep accurate financial and membership records and to periodically prepare and update financial and membership records.
The activities of the National Membership-at-Large Coordinator should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Prepare membership materials and provide same to prospective applicants upon request. Such membership material should include, a Membership-at-Large application and an informational flier explaining the purpose and eligibility requirements of the Order.
- Issue membership cards and certificates to new Brothers, membership cards to renewing Brothers, and transfer cards to requesting eligible Brothers.
- Maintain and update the roster of current Brothers who are affiliated with the National Membership-at-Large (NMAL) and on a continual basis provide the National Executive Director with all address changes needing to be made.
- Maintain current and archival membership records of the NMAL.
- Respond to NMAL correspondence and inquiries and otherwise foster good relations among the membership.
- Prepare annually (early December) and transmit annual dues notices to the National Members-at-Large.
- Maintain a checking account in the name of the National Organization, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War for National Membership-at-Large funds and submit a copy to the National Treasurer of the yearly bank statement of annual interest earnings.
- Prepare and submit a Form 35 to the National Executive Director on or before May 31 of each year with check or money order for per capita and application fees, plus one application copy for each new Brother. After filing the Form 35, subsequent changes to the membership of the NMAL (for the remainder of a calendar year) may be reported on a Form 30, per directions.
- Prepare annually the "Life Member Reimbursement Form" (Form 10) (obtained from the National Treasurer) and return it to him prior to March 31st.
- Assist the National Secretary and National Camp-at-Large & Department Organizer in the formation of new Camps-at-Large and Departments.
- Prepare periodic status reports to the National Council of Administration on the activities of the National Membership-at-Large Coordinator's activities.
- Perform all other duties delegated to the office by the Order's Constitution and Regulations ("C&R"), National Council of Administration and/or National Encampment.
- Prepare and submit an annual written membership and financial report of the NMAL to the National Council of Administration and the National Encampment.
Last Updated 2003
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers