Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
The purpose of the office of the National Guard is to secure the door to the National Encampment and to admit only those Brothers and visitors who are qualified or entitled to enter.
The activities of the National Guard should include the responsibilities listed below.
- Secure the door at the National Encampment.
- Check dues receipts or cards, delegate credentials, and payment of National Encampment fee of Brothers and admit to the National Encampment only qualified Brothers and authorized visitors.
- Allow no one to enter or leave during the opening or closing of the National Encampment.
- Allow no one to enter during the election of National Organization officers at the National Encampment.
- Allow no one to enter during the initiation of candidates for membership at the National Encampment.
- Become familiar with the duties of the office as set forth in the Order's Ritual and Ceremonials.
- Carry out orders from the Commander-in-Chief at the National Encampment.
Last Updated 1994
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers