Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
NATIONAL COMMITTEE ON MILITARY AFFAIRS
The purpose of the National Committee on Military Affairs of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War is to oversee the affairs of the Sons of Veterans Reserve for the National Organization.
The activities of the National Committee on Military Affairs should include the below listed responsibilities.
- Meet at least 2 times per year; once during Remembrance Day and once during the National Encampment.
- Review annually the Standard Operating Procedures of the Sons of Veterans Reserve and recommend needed changes at the National Encampment for approval.
- Recommend every fifth year to the committee chairman, a Brother to be appointed as the commanding Brigadier General of the Sons of Veterans Reserve.
- Approve all appointments of senior officer commissions (Major, Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel).
- Prepare and submit an annual written report to the Commander-in-Chief and National Encampment on the activities of the committee.
- Last Updated 1994
Return to SUVCW Home Page
Return to SUVCW Web Site Index
Return to list of National Jobs
Go to list of National Officers