General Orders No. 20
Kent L. Armstrong, Commander-in-Chief
213 E. Madison Street / P.O. Box 618
DeWitt, MI 48820-0618
(517) 669-5765 = Voice
(517) 669-1865 = Fax
- It is my sad duty to report the passing of Brother James Madison Gowin, Jr., a Real Son of a Union Veteran of the Civil War. As a Member of Fort Donelson Camp 62, Department of Tennessee, Brother Gowin honored the memory of his father, James Madison Gowin, Sr., who served in Company B of the 33rd Indiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment.
- We are proud to acknowledge Brother Gowin's own military service, during World War II, and his recognition as an "Atomic Veteran."
- All Camp and Department Charters as well as our National Web site are to be draped in black for a period of thirty (30) days.
- All Brothers are respectfully directed to attach a black mourning ribbon to their membership badge (per provision in our Constitution & Regulations - Chapter V, General Regulations, Article III, Section 9) for a period of thirty (30) days.
- Our deepest sympathies are extended to Brother Gowin's family.
Ordered this 26th day of April, 2004.
By Order of:
Kent L. Armstrong
Edward Krieser, PCinC
Return to Index of General Orders