General Orders No. 18
Stephen A. Michaels, Commander-in-Chief
6623 S. North Cape Road
Franklin, WI 53132-1227
Phone: (414) 425-4648
- I have the honor to present the following recognitions:
- Abraham Lincoln Commander-in-Chief's Award (Most Outstanding Camp in the Nation) - General Henry Banning Camp 207, Department of Ohio
- Cornelius F. Whitehouse Award (Most Outstanding Brother in the Nation)-PDC Bob Lowe, Sgt. William Pittenger Camp 21, Department of California & Pacific.
- Benjamin F. Stephenson Award (for recruiting the most new Brothers into the Order)-John M. Hart, Lt. Ezra S. Griffin Camp 8, Department of Pennsylvania-26 recruits
- Augustus P. Davis - Conrad Linder Award (for the Department with the greatest numerical growth in membership) - Department of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Grant Cup (for the Department with the greatest percentage growth in membership) - Department of Kansas
- Marshall Hope Award
for the Best Camp newsletter-Lt. Com. Edward Lea, USN, Camp 2, Department of the Southwest's "Harriet Lane," edited by Br. Michael J. Lance
For the best Department newsletter-Department of Massachusetts' "Clarion Call," edited by Br. Reynaldo Rodriguez
- Joseph S. Rippey New Camp Award (for the must successful new Camp in the Nation) - Col. James Brady Camp 63, Department of Maryland.
- Founders Award (presented to a non-member of the Allied Orders in accordance with the Council of Administration for outstanding service in the memory of the Union soldiers, sailors and marines)-Ms. Margaret Morrison for her efforts to preserve of the GAR Hall in Redfield, Iowa.
- Thank you for the privilege of serving as the 118th Commander-in-Chief of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War.
Ordered this 5th Day of August 2005.
By Order of:
Stephen A. Michaels
Michael S. Bennett, PDC
Return to Index of General Orders