General Orders No. 17
Kent L. Armstrong, Commander-in-Chief
213 E. Madison Street / P.O. Box 618
DeWitt, MI 48820-0618
(517) 669-5765 = Voice
(517) 669-1865 = Fax
- It has been my great pleasure to sign a Charter for Robert Mitchell Camp 206 (Department of Iowa) located at Marion, IA with Date of Rank from January 24, 2004. A Certificate of Merit will be issued to Brother Dennis L. Geesaman, Camp Organizer.
- It is another great pleasure to note that Chaplain P. G. Cook Camp 223 (Department of New York) located at Buffalo, NY has been reinstated and functions again under its original Charter. A Certificate of Merit will be issued to Brother Rodney Parker for his efforts to make this reinstatement possible.
- Brother Samuel R. Booth, of John S. Townsend Camp 108, Department of Ohio, is hereby appointed as a National Aide in recognition of having recruited nine (9) new Brothers into the SUVCW. It is my great pleasure to present a Certificate of Recognition to Brother Booth, as well as a strip of National colored ribbon, which he may wear for 12 months, pinned behind his membership badge.
- Brother Norman S. Lowery, of John S. Townsend Camp 108, Department of Ohio, is hereby appointed as a National Aide in recognition of having recruited four (4) new Brothers into the SUVCW. It is my great pleasure to present a strip of National colored ribbon, which Brother Lowery may wear for 12 months, pinned behind his membership badge.
- Certificates of Appreciation have been issued to Mrs. Charlotte Walters, Brother Gilbert Kyle, and Mrs. Audrey Kyle for their countless hours of volunteer work, assisting Executive Director Lee Walters at our National Headquarters Office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Several of the National Officers and I look forward to attending as many Department Encampments this year as our schedules will allow. At the time of this writing, a few of the Departments have already met but it is our sincere hope that all of these annual meetings are productive and that they be conducted in the spirit of Fraternity, Charity, and Loyalty. I encourage every Camp to send its full share of delegates to their Department Encampment (eligibility details in the C&R).
- Likewise, every Department is encouraged to send its full share of delegates to our National Encampment. The 123rd National Encampment of our Order will be held at Cedar Rapids, Iowa on August 12-15, 2004. Details are to be posted on the National Web site and in The BANNER.
Ordered this 29th day of February, 2004.
By Order of:
Kent L. Armstrong
Edward Krieser, PCinC
Return to Index of General Orders