1. Charles Kuhn PCC, Trial Commissioner appointed to secure testimony and documentation relative to the summary disciplinary action taken against present and former members of Gettysburg Camp 112, held a hearing on June 6, 1998.
2. Based upon the testimony and documentation presented to the Trial Commissioner a partial report was made to this office on June 7, 1998.
3. Contrary to the original information provided to this office, testimony given to the Trial Commissioner exonerated Abner Rainbow of all allegations. The testimony provided demonstrated that Abner Rainbow did, in fact, meet his obligations to the members of Camp 112, the SUVCW and the members of Corporal Skelly Post No. 9, GAR. Further, while serving as a member of the HGAC Building Committee, he resisted all attempts to modify the internal structure of the GAR Hall and when his words went unheeded resigned out of frustration.
4. Therefore, any and all portions of General Order No. 9 Series 1997-1998 of March 31, 1998 pertaining to Abner Rainbow are hereby vacated. Specifically, Section 5.B of said General Order is vacated. The prohibition on reinstatement of Abner Rainbow to active membership is voided.
5. For any consternation, inconvenience, angst and pangs this process may have caused Abner Rainbow, I apologize.
6. It is regrettable that it was necessary to use the disciplinary process to ferret out the facts. Nevertheless, the system worked.
7. The Trial Commissioner has not submitted a report of findings pertaining to the other individuals associated with this case.
By Order of
Richard D. Orr