General Orders No. 7
Stephen A. Michaels, Commander-in-Chief
6623 S. North Cape Road
Franklin, WI 53132-1227
Phone: (414) 425-4648
- Many Camps are completing their dues collection and finalizing their annual membership report. All Department Commanders should urge and assist their Camps in retaining the Brothers on the rolls and in following up with potential non-renewals.
- Much of what our Order is able to accomplish is directly attributable to the generosity of its membership. I invite you to consider supporting and including one or more of these worthy funds in your will:
Honor Roll — Donation to the Permanent Fund in the name of a Union soldier/sailor or departed Brother.
GAR Fund — supports scholarships and tributes made to several patriotic observances.
Civil War Memorial Preservation Fund — supports grants for preservation work on Civil War memorials.
Senior Vice Commander-in-Chief Fund — supports membership recruitment advertising and promotion of our Order.
National Headquarters Fund — supports the operation of our office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
General Fund — support general operating expenses of our Order.
Permanent Fund — strengthens restricted sum, which generates investment interest, supporting operation of our Order.
Civil War Heritage Defense Fund — supports legal action, preventing theft and/or desecration of monuments and historical property.
Contributions are tax deductible and may be made payable to "National Organizations SUVCW," and sent to the National Treasurer.
- Applications for the SUVCW's two annual $1000 scholarships will be accepted through March 31, 2005. The application, as well as the standards of selection, can be found online.
- Requests for reimbursements from pre-2001 Life Member programs should be submitted between January 1 and 31 March 2005. Camp Secretaries should request reimbursement in writing to the National Treasurer.
- All Brothers should note that the 2005 National Encampment will be held 4-7 August at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua, New Hampshire. This marks a departure from recent years, when this event was scheduled on the second weekend of the month.
Ordered this 5th day of December 2004.
By Order of:
Stephen A. Michaels
Michael S. Bennett, PDC
Return to Index of General Orders