1. The 121st National Encampment increased the National level per capita tax $6.00 per year effective January 1, 2003 and changed the Quarterly Reporting system to an Annual Reporting system, effective January 1, 2003.
2. Department and Camp Secretaries will follow the current Quarterly Reporting system and per capita tax structure for the quarter ending September 30, 2002 and the quarter ending December 31, 2002.
3. Effective January 1, 2003 the Annual Reporting system will replace the Quarterly Reporting system.
4. Camp Secretaries must file the new Annual Report form (same type of information as on the current Quarterly Report form) with the Department Secretary by April 30, 2003 and include the per capita tax reflecting the $6.00 increase for the entire period January 1 - December 31, 2003.
5. Brothers who have not paid their dues (per capita tax) by the date that the Annual Report is submitted by the Camp Secretary, should be dropped for non-payment. If a Brother is dropped from the Camp membership roster prior to the Annual Report being submitted, the Camp need not pay the per capita for such a dropped Brother.
6. Department Secretaries must file the new Annual Report form reflecting the $6.00 increase in per capita tax with the National Executive Director by May 31, 2003.
7. After the Annual Report form is filed, if one of the following events occur, the new Camp Status Report form must be filed by the Camp Secretary with the Department Secretary - (a) A new Brother joins the Camp (b) A Brother is reinstated after being dropped for non-payment of dues (c) A Brother dies (d) A Brother has a change of address (e) A Brother transfers in or out of the Camp.
8. After April 30 of each year (beginning in 2003) two copies of the Camp Status Report form must be filed by the Camp Secretary with the Department Secretary no later than the 15th of the month following the event that prompted the need to file the Camp Status Report. If a new Brother is being reported, then the pro-rated per capita for the remainder of the calendar year shall accompany the form. Such pro-rated amount shall be based on a calendar year quarterly basis. If the Camp Status Report form reports a Brother reinstated after being dropped for non-payment of dues, then the full annual per capita for that Brother shall accompany the form.
9. After May 31 of each year (beginning in 2003) the Department Secretary must submit a copy of all Camp Status Report forms to the National Executive Director by the 15th of the month following the submission, along with a check for the proper amount of money due the National Organization for a new Brother or a reinstated Brother.
10. The new Camp Status Report form and the new Camp and Department Annual Report forms are being developed by the National Program and Policy Committee and should be available from the National Quartermaster or the SUVCW website by December 1, 2002.
Ordered this twelfth day of August, 2002.
By Order of:
Robert E. Grim
Edward Krieser, PCinC