POLICY FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE ANNUAL REMEMBRANCE DAY PARADE
1. All persons participating in the annual Remembrance Day Parade will be dressed in American Civil War era attire or Grand Army of the Republic uniform. Military uniforms worn will be either Union or Confederate military originals or reproductions or Grand Army of the Republic originals or reproductions. Civilian attire of the mid 1800's is acceptable. Only the following will be permitted to march in the annual Remembrance Day Parade in modern business suit or dress attire with the badge of their Order affixed.
Brothers of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Sisters of the Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Sisters of the Women's Relief Corps
Sisters of the Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic
Sisters of the Auxiliary to the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Members of the Military Order of the Loyal Legion
Members of the Dames of the Loyal Legion
Members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans
Members of the United Daughters of the Confederacy
Members of the Order of Stars and Bars
Members of the Order of Confederate Rose
2. No unit participating in the annual Remembrance Day Parade shall stop in the line of march and allow another unit to enter unless specifically directed to do so by one of the Parade Marshals.
3. Any unit may be removed or rejected from participating in the annual Remembrance Day Parade at the discretion of the Parade Marshal and/or the National Remembrance Day Committee.
4. In order to participate in the annual Remembrance Day Parade, all horse owners must acquire a permit for each horse participating in the Remembrance Day Parade from the Parade Marshal. Permits must be obtained prior to the parade and before the cut off date to be fixed annually by the Parade Marshal. The permit fee will be established by the National Remembrance Day Committee and will be refundable after the assigned Parade Marshal has performed a satisfactory inspection of the trailer parking area.
5. Horse Trailers will be required to park in specified areas for the staging of the Remembrance Day Parade. Horse trailers found in other locations will be reported to proper authorities for prosecution and/or towing.
6. No floats shall be permitted in the annual Remembrance Day Parade.
7. All wheeled conveyances being pulled by draft animals shall be required to have affixed a diaper for the draft animals pulling them.
8. All participants in the Remembrance Day Parade that are mounted or riding in an animal drawn conveyance will be required to clean up and properly dispose of all manure left by their animal over the course of the formation and duration of the parade as well as the area around their horse trailer. Animals shall not be permitted on any of the sidewalks or grassy areas of the mustering location .
SUVCW Home Page Remembrance Day Home
Comments to: SUVCW National Webmaster
Last Updated: (KLF)
© 1995 - 2010, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
A Congressionally-Chartered Corporation